The site originally suffered from low capacity. An area of 10,000 m² was consolidated by the installation of wick drains.
The work involved:
- the consolidation of part of the soil by the installation of wick drains;
- the creation of dams in the treatment ponds;
- the setting-up of a waterproofing system for the pond containing the polluted sludge;
- the installation of a drainage blanket;
- the creation of a network for collecting and removing the drainage water to two tailing ponds;
- the creation of roads.